Hi all! Today’s the last Friday in May, and that means that it’s time for another update for my monthly blogfest.
My Goals for May:
1) Write, edit and/or rewrite something every weekday.
There were 21 weekdays in the month, and I wrote and/or edited something on 18 days (although I did put in extra hours and some weekends to stay more or less caught up.)
2) Continuity edits between Wo6C1 and 2.
Just so we’re on the same page, these are The Vanished Knight and The Heir’s Choice. I’m through TVK, but have only just started with THC.
3) Copy edits for BvB1
I sent the version out for critiques yet again, but I’m thinking I’ll just not work on this until I’m done with TVK and THC.
4) Revisions/Edits for ES1 and the Untethered Realms Anthology story I submitted.
Did Untethered Realms Anthology. ES1…no.
5) Finish rewrites to O1.
6) Flesh out concepts for P and my Science Fiction story idea.
I did, however, also achieve a whole slew of related things that I’ll mention under the Social Media heading. And I finished and posted two back cover blurbs for publishing. Oh AND I sorted out a few mess-ups about my ISBNs.
1) Read King Lear.
Still haven’t gotten to this.
2) Read something by one of my blogging buddies.
Three words: Mark. Of. Nexus. I’ll hopefully be reading the last book in the series this weekend.
3) See how close I can get to reading 10 books this month.
Currently at 5 books, with me maybe reading the sixth by Sunday. I’m planning to have a lazy(ish) weekend in bed in an attempt to kill this flu bug.
This is assuming that Internet and/or my country’s electricity provider actually work like they should…
1) Catch up on blog visits.
This I managed.
2) Catch up on Wattpad Critiques I’ve promised.
This I didn’t.
I did, however, also do the following:
1) Mainly, my goal is to get back to my happy place this month. (Other than my continuing goal of getting my business back off the ground.)
Happy place mostly achieved, partly because the business seems to be hovering off the ground and ready to fly.
2) Do something artistic or crafty that isn’t writing related every weekend.
Eh…I’ve been driving around a lot to meetings in the week, so I crocheted in the car a lot. So weekends ended up being when I caught up on edits.
Still with me? Awesome. Have a cookie. Don’t worry, my June goals will be quick:
Basically: Yesterday, I realized that I might be going to Europe in June for work, which might make June one heck of a complicated month for me.
As such, I’m going to go the simple route.
1) For TVK and THC: Finish everything that needs to get finished for the final formatted submissions by mid-June.
2) Send out review copies by mid-June. (Or a week after that if I must.)
Read enough to keep sane, but other than that, no set goal.
1) Get started on the materials needed for the blog tour.
2) Continue with the stuff I’ve been doing because it seems to be working.
Basically to keep growing my business and not go insane while I’m putting myself through a publishing hell of my own creation. Which might mean letting off steam with other crafts.
How are you doing on your goals? Think I’m going to make it or are you finding seats for the possibly inevitable fireworks of disaster?