I’d love to have some guest posts featured on my blogs, but as always, there are come ways required to make them work. So please read these and feel free to spread the word.
What do I write about?
Basically, I leave the subject open to you, lovely people. All it has to do is hold some sort of relevance to writers. About writing, editing, querying, self publishing, marketing or any sort advice you think people will find useful or interesting are usually easy and great fallback choices.
Do I have to have something published in order to do a guest post on your blog?
No, in fact, I’d love it if we could feature writers in themselves on Mondays instead of their new books. Something nice and fresh, don’t you think?
What if I do have something that I want to market?
Of course, you’re welcome to contact me and ask for a spot any other time of the week. Except the first Wednesday and the last Friday of each month. Those are reserved for IWSG my own big goals bloghop.
How do we do this?
All you have to do is mail me at mishagericke(AT)gmail(DOT)com and ask for a Monday. I’ll post available dates on the left side of this blog. I’ll assign dates on a first come, first serve basis.
Any other rules?
Yep, just a few:
1) Please keep the post under 500 words not counting your bio. If you don’t, I’ll send back and ask you to edit.
2) Please keep in mind that we’re a diverse and opinionated group. Being controversial is fine, but if you get personal in any way, your post won’t see the light of day and you’ll be barred from posting on this blog ever again.
3) Yes, you’re welcome to tell your friends.
4) If you book a date, please ensure that I receive your post a week ahead of time.
5) Please do tell your friends when you’re posting here. I don’t charge and I ask nothing, but it would be nice for me to see some new faces on my blog.
6) No, I don’t do cover reveals. Especially not on Mondays.
7) Yes, I am willing to return the guest post favor if you want me to.
8) Images are welcome, but please no copyright infringements. I will ask.
9) No, I still will not accept nor respond to guest post requests from content writers. I know they fulfill a valuable function, but it’s not what I’m going for in doing this.