Well that was somewhat annoying. I missed my own bloghop, thanks to internet gremlins getting into my internet connection just as I wanted to write this post.
Anyhow. The Got Goals? Bloghop is a group of us who have set some crazy or some seriously important goals. Once a month, on the last Friday, we post updates on our progress. For more information or to join in, click here for more information.
Last month, I set some goals for February that are aimed at bringing me closer to my goals for the year. So let me take a look at each goal and how I did.
1) I want to finish this revision round of Book 3 by month end, if I can.
I don’t think I’m going to get there before the end of the month, but I am through 70% of my chapters.
2) I want to make a final decision with regards to whether I’m going to use my old system of CPs for each round of edits after this point, or hire an editor.
Because of me not finishing, I think I’m moving this decision out to next month.
3) I want to post regular updates to my blog and vlog, and also update the content that goes to my other networks. (The two are related.)
I’m not quite happy with my progress here. Although I did much better than I did last year, I still missed days thanks to my unexpectedly hectic schedule. We’ll have to see how I do next month.
4) Maintain and further improve the healthy habits I’ve started to establish in January.
I actually took this a step further. So now I’m drinking large amounts of water every day. I’m also exercising more and finally, I’ve cut all refined carbs from my diet. This decision has been a while in coming. See, I love love love bread and other baked goods, but I just don’t like how they make me feel. But it’s really hard, basically impossible for me to just lower my carb intake, so in the end, I decided to cut out basically everything but healthy carbs like those in fruit and veg.
5) Read for an average of 15 minutes per day.
This month was a bit hard for me. I was really busy, and because of my prioritizing my editing, I’m currently closer to 10 minutes per day. I might still get to 15 minutes if I get a few hours’ reading in over the weekend.
So because I still have to do all these things, I’m just going to set the same goals for March.
How did February treat you? Have you been making progress in February? What would you like to achieve next month?