I can’t believe that January has gone by so fast. It’s almost terrifying to think of the speed at which time is flying by. Because today is the last Friday of the month, which means it’s time for…
For those of you who don’t know, the rules to this bloghop are as follows:
1) Beth and I will be co-hosts of this list.
2) If you do enter your link into the list, please be supportive of the other entrants.
3) Keep us up to date with how you’re doing. Update Day is on the last Friday of every month. Even if you don’t think you achieved much or anything, write a quick post to say so. We can’t encourage if we don’t know.
4) When you enter your blog’s address write your goal as the link title. For example, my link’s title will be “earn $7500 per month.” Not your name or your blog’s. This is so we can keep track of who’s doing what. AND it will serve as an easy indication of the fact that you’re not the only crazy one.
5) Please please please spread the word! I know this is nuts, but I know a lot of people need encouragement, and making a decision and figuring out how to get there is half the battle…
You’re welcome to sign up at any time.
http://www.simply-linked.com/listwidget.aspx?l=FF64F07D-7C24-4F9D-9F74-B5AFA89E3BCC As for how I did in January… not good. I’ve been required to keep an insane work schedule with the two first weeks having 16 hour work days. Which meant that I mostly slept when I didn’t work. By the third week, things were going better, but I was so exhausted that I just couldn’t put in the hours of writing and editing required to achieve my goals.
To sum up:
Goals for January:
1) 60k (which can either be 60k written or 60 hours of edits or a combination of the two.)
I managed 8877 words, about half of which was edits. I want to see if I can get past 10k this weekend.
2) Finish the Wo6C3 rewrite.
Didn’t start yet. I wanted to, and had some free time, but it felt like I’d lost my train of thought. So I had to reread the whole thing that I’ve written so far in order to pick up where I left off.
3) Submit “Turning Points” Short Story by 31 January.
4) Finish Untethered Realms Anthology rough draft.
I’m on track for both, mainly because I decided to publish the same short story in both anthologies. (It’s funny, but the same story fit both topics, while the two topics will appeal to two different audiences.)
5) Finish BvB1 print-out proofread and formatting.
I got through the actual proofreading, but haven’t implemented any edits yet.
6) Revise ES1.
I’m still waiting for one more CP to send me her feedback before I start.
7) Rough draft BvB2.
Didn’t even think about this yet.
8) Prep DM1 rewrite.
I did do a little bit of thinking about this. Which should make the actual preparations easier for me when I get to them.
9) Research CdW.
Didn’t get to this.
Read six books.
I read three so far, although I might try and see how many I can squeeze into this weekend.
Networking and Marketing:
1) Set publishing date for BvB1.
Done. BvB1, aka Endless will be out on 30 April.
2) Arrange blog tours, reviewers etc.
This is in progress. I’m still looking for more help, though, so if you haven’t yet and you want to give me a hand, please click here. (Opens to a new window.)
3) Get into a regular posting schedule for main social networks.
I mostly managed this with blogging, only missing one day because my laptop broke. I didn’t get to Twitter, Tumblr and Wattpad the way I had wanted, though.
1) Fall into a regular schedule between work, writing etc as fast as possible.
2) Commence refined carb cut-back.
Done. For the most part I’m living off fruit, veg, protein and dairy.
3) Start singing lessons.
Done just in the nick of time. I started lessons yesterday.
4) Start new dance/sporting activity.
So all things considered, I don’t think I did too badly. Although I really wish that I can get more done. The good thing is that this month should give me quite a few nights off with no internet access, so I should be able to get more done.
Goals for February:
1) 60k written, 60 hours edited or a combination of the two.
2) Finish Wo6C3 rewrites.
3) Finish Endless edits and formatting.
4) Revise ES1
5) Resume writing BvB2
6) Start rough revisions to O1
7) Prep DM1 rewrite
8) Work on CdW concept.
9) Rough draft StW.
Read 6 books.
Networking & Marketing:
1) Finish arranging blog tour.
2) Send out e-arcs to reviewers.
3) Start A to Z Challenge Posts.
4) Start prepping for blog tour.
5) Finish Endless paperback cover.
6) Maintain current blogging activity.
7) Become more active on one more social network.
1) Get into a regular work/life/writing schedule.
2) Maintain diet change
3) Keep singing.
4) Find new exercise/sport activity.
That’s it for me. Lots to do, yes. How are your goals coming along? What are your plans for February?