Hi everyone! This is the last Friday of the month, which means it’s time to update on my progress. For those of you who are new to my blog, Beth Fred and I host a bloghop where the entrants share their big, important or just crazy goals. Then once a month, we post updates on how we’re doing, and encourage each other.
If you’d like more information, or to visit some other people who are taking part, feel free to click here.
So my goals for June have been rather simple in theory. I simplified things as much as possible to help me get my two books published. Alas, my business (as in my day job) is still confounding me around every corner.
Honestly, I can’t complain. It’s a good thing that my business is showing movement and growth. It’s just a lot more difficult to manage two new businesses (because that’s what my publishing gig is too) when both are entering a high maintenance phase.
Anyway, this is how I did:
My Goals in June:
1) For TVK and THC: Finish everything that needs to get finished for the final formatted submissions by mid-June.
Didn’t make this. In fact, I’m not hoping to get this done before the end of the month.
2) Send out review copies by mid-June. (Or a week after that if I must.)
This can only happen when I complete #1.
Read enough to keep sane, but other than that, no set goal.
Good thing I didn’t set a goal. I started a book in week 1, and haven’t been able to read it since.
1) Get started on the materials needed for the blog tour.
I’ve done some of the interviews, but I really need to get cracking with this.
2) Continue with the stuff I’ve been doing because it seems to be working.
Tried in between work stuff, but most of my available time went into prepping my books.
Basically to keep growing my business and not go insane while I’m putting myself through a publishing hell of my own creation. Which might mean letting off steam with other crafts.
Did the growing my business part. I did get a bit of crocheting done.
My Goals for July:
1) If my submissions aren’t done by the end of the June, I want them done by end of the first week of July.
2) Ditto for review copies being sent out.
3) As soon the two above are done, I want to work on something new. Preferably a rough draft. I might join CampNano, but I’ll see toward the end of June.
4) Edit my short story for my Untethered Realms Anthology.
1) Finish the book I’d started.
2) Read other books. Not giving myself a goal as to how many, because I know things are going to go nuts once my books are published.
1) Send out all materials and guest posts etc for my blog tour.
2) Maintain my web presence as far as humanly possible.
1) That Europe trip is still in the pipeline, but will possibly happen in July. I want to get all necessary things done before my plane takes off from Cape Town.
2) I want to recover from the publishing pressure by doing some other arts/crafts.
3) Continue to grow my business.
That’s pretty much me for today. How are you doing? Wish me luck! And don’t forget to sign up if you have a big goal to chase after.