And won’t you believe it, I wanted to post this days ago, back when I would have been on time for my own bloghop, but my Internet (bad as it was) died and then we moved into a house that pretty much fell into our laps. (Never underestimate the value of warm water and proper electricity.)
Today, they installed our new, much improved Internet. And here I am. Very late for my own bloghop, but I’m posting anyway.
For those of you who don’t know, Beth Fred and I host a monthly bloghop. Basically, we and the other entrants have shared our crazy or just crazy important goals. We update on our progress and encourage each other on the last Friday of every month. If you’d like to join or to check out how everyone else is doing, click here.
Obviously, this sudden finding of and moving to a new house has made a dent in my plans, so I didn’t do as much as I’d wanted to. (Worth it, though.)
Here’s a rundown of my February goals and how I did with each:
1) Sort out covers for Wo6C1, Wo6C2 and BvB1.
Still a no, but at least I should be able to do *something* now that I have contact with the outside world.
2) Finish copy-edits for BvB1
Done in theory, but I’m not really happy with BvB1 yet, so I’ll have to do another pass.
3) Rewrite Wo6C3 and the Untethered Realms Anthology Short.
Good news: I finished the short story. The bad news: while prepping the Wo6C3 rewrite the day after posting my goals, I discovered that for the second time, my edits had made the rough draft redundant. So now I’m drafting for the third time. Just can’t rewrite this story without it. Sigh.
4) Start with revisions to ES1
Didn’t get a chance to open the manuscript.
5) Write 50k words total, rewrites included. This means about 15k toward my rough drafts.
I wrote about 26k words total, of which about 15k words were toward rough drafts.
Visually, this is what February’s writing looked like:
1) Start reading Mansfield Park.
2) Start reading King Lear.
Didn’t get to it yet.
3) Read four other books.
I read five in total.
Still delayed pending a proper Internet connection.
Should be able to get something done now.
To continue with preparations etc. for the house building thing.
House building is shelved for the time being.
All things considered, I didn’t do too badly. It’s been rough, but I’m hoping that – now that things are going better – I’ll actually get even more done. March might be a bit tough on my goal achieving ways, so I’ll be happy if I get at least a few of these done:
Goals for March:
1) Sort out covers for Wo6C1, Wo6C2 and BvB1
2) Proofread Wo6C1 and Wo6C2.
3) Edit my Untethered Realms Anthology Short Story
4) Start Revising ES1
5) Rough draft 35k words.
6) Rewrite 15k words.
This is what I hope March will look like, writing-wise.
1) Start King Lear
2) Start a French book
3) Read four other books.
1) Get back into a regular blog posting schedule.
2) Visit everyone who’ve been stopping by since the beginning of the year.
3) Prepare for the A to Z Challenge.
1) Finish applying for a government grant for my one business.
2) Finish crocheting a blanket for my room.
3) Do something else crafty. Painting, perhaps.
That’s it for me. Do you have any goals? How are you doing? What do you think of my red-walled room?