Because my business trip to Berlin threw my blog into more than a little chaos, I decided to do things a little differently from planned.
So, although I’ll announce January’s Word Masters tomorrow, I decided I’d announce February’s theme today to give anyone interested in signing up time to write something.
The Word Master Challenge rules are simple.
1) Every month, I announce a theme.
2) You have from announcement day until the end of the month (or a specified date) to enter.
3) To enter: Link up to your entry. I.E. I want a specific address leading straight to your entry.
4) I score each entry according to a set of parameters and announce the winner early the next month.
5) The winner gets to choose between a 10 chapter critique by me, a $10 voucher or a query critique by me.
This month’s theme:
Pick your favorite place in the world. What does it look like? What’s the mood like?
You can have 50 or so words to create an introduction. The entry itself must be no longer than 300 words.
1) Clear, concise description.
2) Evocative writing.
3) Effective use of senses.
Closing date for entries: 31 March
Winners and new theme to be announced: 2 April
I really loved what you all came up with in January, so I can’t wait to see what you can do this time.