Wow. Time passes fast.
I wanted to make a special post about writing my 250th… This is my 257th.
Anyway, this is my honorary 250th post.
If memory serves, the last celebratory post involved lots of stats. This time I thought I’d do a list of things I’ve learnt since I started blogging.
1) The world is bigger than you think. Stretch your mind.
2) There is more than one right way.
3) Platform is good. Hundreds of friends all over the globe is better.
4) Things might look pretty bleak right now, but if you write it down, odds are you’ll read it later and wonder what the fuss was about.
5) People love being special. So make a point of making them special.
6) Everyone’s connected. If in doubt, find an obscure (to your mind) writing blog and see who’s reading it in a week.
7) Reciprocity. Reciprocity. Reciprocity.
8) If you want to get something done. Make it as public as possible that you’re doing it. If you don’t want to, make the goal impossible.
9) The more of a hill you climb, the less there’s left to climb.
10) Keep looking for hills.
So those are my lessons. Wonder what I’ll do for my 500th post….
What lessons has blogging taught you?